Wednesday, October 15, 2008

It's the middle of the week already.

I cannot believe how fast time flies here. It's honestly like time doesn't exist, or it's in fast forward here, because everyday just shoots on by. Everyone's always said that NY was a fast paced city, and yes it, but maybe they were also referring to the time and not just the fast walking people. It's a fast paced city because the time goes by fast...hmm..interesting.

My friend Melissa from Wayne State, and who also went to Moscow with me, was in town this weekend visiting a friend. She saw a ton of shows, and I had to work. So, after the show on Saturday, I walked from work at 34th and 7th and headed over to 48th and 7th and waited a few minutes for them to get out of "The Seagull" (which is a must see for me by the way. The Seagull is the play that studied and analyzed over and over again in Moscow; I'm sure you remember the stories. So, it's a must see. Plus, I've only heard good things). We began walking and we noticed this beautiful woman, who just so happens to be the lead woman in all thee "The Mummy"' movies with Brendan Fraser. Celebrity sighting! So, that was pretty cool. We ended up walking down 9th Ave. and ended at a little Irish Pub. We hung out there with her friend Julie, caught up, chilled, and headed home. Sunday evening after their show, we went to a place called "The Telephone Bar" in which the design in the front is of three telephone booths and the workers all have british accents. It was cool. it was crazy because I had to take the 6 train there and at one of the stops, Julie and Melissa happened to get on the same train, same car. What are the chances?! I was just supposed to meet them at the bar! haha. That was pretty neat.

Class has began getting even more intense, or maybe it's me getting more intense. Because I've opened up my body, my channels, and energy so much, I've been experiencing so much more. The improvisation of developing and performing characters through different exercises are so free and not forced, which is ultimately what needs to happen all the time. I think I had a spirit visit me the other day in class also, which was insane. I told Per and he said that that he has heard of that before and that when one is so open, they're more receptive to higher energies and sometimes they come down and visit. It was crazy and I felt bipolar, but I knew I wasn't. This guy was so kind. This sounds weird, and I don't know how much of it I would believe either, but it happened to me, so I kind of have to believe it. ha.

Macy's is ok. I mean, it's Macy's. Nothing extraordinary. Still like my co-workers, job is getting better; it's just not right for me. Oh well, I'll stick with it until I have something else obviously. It's funny because my friends that I've told that I work at Macy's and how they're not cool, they tell me stories of their friends who have worked at Macy's and horrible experiences also. I thought it was pretty funny.

Well, tonight Denita is going to be in town to do a dance show somewhere, so I'll get to see her which is awesome. This weekend Hammitt will be here so I'll get to see her which will be sweet. AND, one of my favorite Starbucks employees from the Mack Ave. Starbucks said he will be in town so he's going to give me a call. It should hopefully be a fun weekend.

I come home in 16 days. I'm really excited about that. I miss the suburbs, the grass, the driving, the people, the atmosphere. I love it here in New York, but St. Clair Shores has that something about it. It'll be nice to come home for a weekend. :)

Anyway, I'm off. Havea great day.

No comments: