It's interesting. Life, that is. And in so many instances you sit there and wonder why God gives you so many obstacles to overcome and hurdles to jump over. I mean, I guess they really do make you a stronger individual, they just suck at the time. ha. I'm mentioning this because every day has been a trying a day for me. However, at the end of the day all I can I do is look back and see what I've accomplished - which is something. I've realized, yes, goals are extremely important, the future is important. Rent will be due, bills will need to be payed, but you can do as much as you can do. Breathing, living in the present moment instead of worrying about everything so much before you know it, you're missing everything that's happening right now. I know this isn't a new revelation or anything like that, but it's something that I have had to think about the past few days.
Macy's. My co-workers are great. The company - not the greatest to work for. They didn't really explain my pay, so I thought I was getting something different than I am. Found this out yesterday. Freaked, talked to the manager, freaked, then realized it will all be ok. Keep the faith. Thank goodness I have mom back at home to be my rock. I just need to bust my butt to sell and I should be ok for now. :)
Class has been absolutely amazing this week. Aole came back from Australia, so we've had him the past couple of days. He's been working in breathing with us, which is great. We've been doing tremoring, which is what we worked on at Wayne State with Michael Barnes. Tremoring is putting your body into positions to allow the breath to flow freely through the lungs and send more oxygen through the blood, as well as awaken the body. It can be strenuous the first few times you do it because they're hard positions to hold, but it's so rewarding and freeing at the end. You're breath is more relaxed, muscles are un-tensed, and your voice is more centered, as well. It was great to re-awaken my body to something I haven't done in a year.
Tonight, we had Raina again and we focused first with partners. We closed our eyes and had to make a duet of rhythm and sounds with each other. No one is leading, no one is following. You're in tune with the other person and their energy so that you're forming one collective conscious to make a rhythmical pattern insync. It's great and fun. This helps to free the body of an inhibitions and actively listening to your scene partner, which can clearly translate to the stage. Next, we had to go up and do a solo. Eyes closed, then the second time, eyes either opened or closed. You just had to vocalize a rhythm or feeling or whatever, but not thinking about it, just going with wherever it takes you, kind of like improvisation. It's fascinating because the images that come to your mind that lead you to sing or hum or a certain way is so interesting. For example, my first image was of Taylor, Leah's baby, and I was humming a lullaby, then there was an image of a forest and then just fire, and I was making louder beats with a "buh" sound and drumming on the floor, then Taylor came back and I was humming a lullaby to close with. Very interesting, very fascinating. This kind of organic imagery and sound is useful on the stage to make the characters alive and believable.
My energy sensory is also getting stronger again. I'm more in tune with picking up energies, people's energies, whatever. I think it's because I'm getting more in tune with my body that this is happening because that's what happened before. It's good. We'll see where it takes me.
I'm finally going out this weekend! haha. One of the friends I've made in the class's birthday is on Saturday and she wants us all to come out and celebrate, so that should be fun. I don't really know what we'll be doing, but I'm sure it'll be cool. Other than that, that's about it. My mom sent me this amazing package filled with boxed of mac and cheese, pop tarts, noodles, ramen, nutri grain bars, you name it, it was in there. AMAZING. Love mail. if you'd like to send mail, I'll give you my address. I love receiving mail. ha. I'm such a nerd.
Sometime soon, I plan on seeing a show, going to the Empire State Building, Statue of Liberty, WTC, Central Park, something New York-y. :) I'll keep you posted. In the mean time, I'll be at work and school. Anyway, I'm out. It's pretty late. Have a wonderful evening.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment