It's a sunny morning as of now in Brooklyn, New York right now. Why I agreed to work an 8 hour shift today is beyond me. haha. Thank goodness last night I was smart to set my alarm a little earlier so that I could chill and not rush this morning. I'm working 9:30-5, hopping on the subway and class 6:30-10. Then I'll be home by 11. Bed. and work tomorrow at 1. Wow. it's already Wednesday. Where does the time go? Really.
In last night's class we worked on a Shakespeare monologue. All of us read the same one from Romeo and Juliet. Aole wasn't so much worried about the text. His focus was on us going into the sensation and feeling we were having at that moment and using it toward the text. It's interesting to see when someone is saying lines whether they are "reading" the lines on the page in their head, coloring it and making it bigger, reciting what they read, or actually putting emotion in it and making a connection. The actor feels it once he is aware of it, and the audience is aware also. We worked on pointing out this and other habits we may have. It was very interesting. We only got through four of us last night and so the other four will go tonight, me being one of them for tonight. I think I may re-read Romeo and Juliet...something to read on the subway. Besides, it's a great play.
It's funny how your friends sort of feel how you are feeling, or send you texts or voicemails at the perfect moments. For example, randomly all the time, I get these from friends from home and they're just so amazing and they just make me stop and think. I'm living this fast paced life here now and there are so many people that I love, that love me at home too. I think about them all the time, even though I can't talk to them all the time, and I know they're thinking about me. But it doesn't make me sad; it kind of lights me up, if that even makes sense. Sounds cheesy, but it's true.
Subway story from last night: Some woman is talking to herself, looks normal, but clearly isn't. She's walking up an down the train saying stuff like thank you blah blah blah, going from one pole to the next. Then I realized I think she's preaching. Then I laughed. She was saying how she loves all of us and so does Jesus, and pointing out everyone and saying thank you for something. Anyway, an older african woman and myself made eye contact and I smiled because it was funny and she just shook her head. About ten seconds later we made eye contact again and started laughing because of this woman. I know that may sound mean, but we weren't being mean. We were just kind of in the state of "are you kidding me right now? I need to get home this is too much for me to handle." lol It was pretty funny.
Anyway. I need to head out. Macy's is calling my name all the way from Manhattan. Friday I have off...maybe I'll go see a show...Anyway. Peace out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment