Macy's still isn't getting any busier - even with Friends and Family week beginning yesterday. Hopefully things will be different today. Oh, and I looked at my paystub for this Friday. I officially hate taxes.
Last night I met up with a couple friends from Grosse Pointe on the upper west side, as well as one of my friends from work. We went to this bar on Amsterdam and 79th and between 9 and 11 bud light or coors cans were only 50 cents. That kind of night I can afford. haha. It was a really cool environment and I was hanging out out with good people. It kind of reminded me of a frat college type bar. There was a pool table in the back and it was just loud with cool music playing. It was a nice change.
Julie and I rented Narnia: Prince Caspian the other day. Wow. What a great movie. I really liked the first one and have been wanting to see this one, but I never really have time to see movies. It was really good. I recommend it to anyone that hasn't seen it. Tonight we're renting The Dark Knight because I haven't seen that either. I'm pretty sure I'm the only person in the universe that hasn't seen that movie, but after tonight, I won't be. :)
I'm going to be making myself a schedule soon - sort of like a class schedule - to make sure I'm continuing to better myself through this break between semesters. For example, maybe one night work on monologues, dialects, another on stretching and dancing, another on movement and character, and so on. I think it will be beneficial and make use of my time off. I need to do something. Working at Macy's is not stimulating enough. However, one day I was talking to some customers from London and I ended up talking in response to them with an english accent without realzing it - the entire rest of the time I was helping them. I don't know if they realized it either. Anyway, now my manager wants me to come in and do accents with the customers because he thinks we'll get more sales if I can relate to them on a different level by saying I'm from London also. haha. He wants me to bring in different accents too. It'll be fun. We'll see.
Julie and I walked along the Brooklyn Bridge on Tuesday. It was so nice out and this was something we both wanted to do. It was a pretty nice walk, and the Manhattan skyline was pretty incredible behind us. We walked from Manhattan to Brooklyn and then took the subway back to the apartment. I was thinking while walking across it how much we take certain things for granted - like bridges. That thing is so big. I can't imagine how it was build it. Insane. Anyway, I'm grateful for the bridge builders. :) What a weird rant I just went on.
At some point this week I'm going to head over to Rockefellar and see the tree and the rest of the Christmas stuff. Also, I think I might go to Macy's and take pictures of their elaborate window displays in honor of Christmas with their little Santa villages and such - Just stuff to get me feeling Christmas. I'm in New York, I should really be doing more New York Christmas things instead of selling clothing during the season. :) There's also a little outside market thing over by union Square with tons of booths with people selling items...I think there's one in Central park too. Maybe I'll check it out.
Alright, have to get to work. Peace.



No comments:
Post a Comment