Sometimes, you just never know what God is thinking. He sets you onto this uncharted course (well for you it's uncharted) and then leaves you to figure it out, navigate your way without any sort of compass, deal with the obstacles and everything else that gets in the way, and still continue on this path. At the end of the day - you're still you. You have a new lesson learned under your belt, an accomplishment of the day to look back on, and the joy or anxiety of knowing it's going to happen all over again the next day. :) Man, what a journey life is.
Although I just recently moved to New York and have made a handful of friends, many of which could be classified as being in different groups, they are all good friends. I've had three invitations for Thanksgiving, not out of pity because I wasn't going home, but because they really wanted me there. I was kind of surprised because I have only known them for a few months, but the compelling and honest generosity was beautiful. I have, of course, chosen one - the first person to ask me. So, it's nice to know that I won't be alone on Thanksgiving. We're all going to be bringing something to the feast - Julie and I are in charge of two pies. In the morning of Thanksiving, Patrick and I are going to head to midtown to watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. I don't know if this will be an every-year occurrance because Lord knows how cold it will be (and the thoughts of those freezing Thanksgiving days on Woodward for the parade give me chills still. IT WAS SO COLD. sorry dad, I enjoyed it, but I hate the cold, you know this). However, my first year in New York, I will layer it up, grab a hot chocolate or coffee or both, and be on my way to 34th Street for the biggest Thanksgiving Day Parade in the country. It's kind of exciting.
It's funny how a lawyer and a few choice and assertive words can get someone to do something. Stupid, really, but funny nonetheless. My landlord hasn't taken care of the problem I've been having, and luckily my mom works for a law office, all they had to do was call and bam it's done. Why didn't I think to do that two weeks ago when I first began calling the landlord. Oh man. Whatever, it's being taken care of. People are just weird, selfish, and stupid. God bless them and once I move it, I won't convene with folks like him.
As you may or may not know, I love reading. However, I also hate it. I love it because, well, let's face it, what's better than a good back wrapped in a blanket? That's what I thought. I hate it because once I'm into a back, I can't stop thinking about it until I finish it. Meals are skipped (unintentionally, but I get so enthralled, I forget), bedtimes are set to a later time, dreams revolve around the storyline, conversations during the day are asking people/friends if they've read that particular book so that I can talk about it with them. It's like it becomes this sick obsessions. I guess it's a better obsession than drugs or alcohol. haha. What's even worse, is if the book is in a series. OH MAN! Then, at the end of one book, you're left with this cliffhanger and you're desperately wanting to read the next one as soon as you can get your hands on it, but soon is never soon enough! ANYWAY, what brought this on was that Danielle in the summer wanted me to read Twilight. I left the book at home on accident. Julie bought the book and had me read it. I was obsessed. It's not necessarily the greatest book, but there's the element of mystery and intense forward motion I love. You never know what's coming next and you can't wait to turn the page. So, I am now obsessed with this series. I started and finished the first book, Twilight, this weekend. The hours went by so fast. Julie just bought the second book, but is reading it. She's almost done, though, but that means I can't start it until I get home tonight. That stinks! Oh, the impatience. I'll survive.
I've discovered this before, but yesterday I practiced it again - writing makes you feel better. It really does. When your mind is so full and your head is heavy, let your mind explode onto a piece of paper through a pen, and BAM. Your hand flows without you even thinking and you feel ten million times better. It's like a weight has been lifted off your shoulders because you go out everything you wanted to, and a lot that you didn't even know you had hiding. Yesterday, I went to Starbucks and wrote....I wrote for an hour and a half and didn't even realize it. I then came to the realization that I'm pretty sure I'm going to write a book one day. It's not necessarily something I want to do, but it's a feeling I have that it's going to happen. I think it's going to be about your body, healing, and acting. It's gonna be good. I don't know this will happen, but I think it will. I think it's so weird when I get strange feelings like that; like I know for certain about something. For instance, I knew I was going to go to Wayne State before I even applied, I knew I would be in the BFA program before I auditioned, I knew I would o to Moscow, and knew I would audition for Studio 5 and be here now. Hopefully my next instinct of I know the next step of my life will happen from being here, is true because after Studio 5 I don't know what's up yet. :) but that's ok.
I apologize that the updates haven't been as frequent (dad, haha), but I'll try to keep on it. Until next time, amigoes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment