Yesterday I went ice skating in Bryant Park and 42nd St. with my friend Jacob from class. This was his first time EVER ice skating. How crazy. Anyway, the ice wasn't the greatest, but if you brought your skates it was free. I like free things. :) Anyway, it was a lot of fun. Very peaceful. It obviously reminded me of old times. I was kind of nervous/anxious to see if I'd even be able to skate, or what I would remember. Well, Marisa was right when she said that when I go back and skate, it's like riding a bike; it takes a minute to get used to it again, but you can jump right back in the swing of things. I think, also, since I've been active since I finished skating, it wasn't that hard of a transition. But, I was able to do a one foot spin super fast like usual, my sit spin, really fast and pretty low with all of the revolutions. I tried a sit back sit, but I think because of my heavy coat and jeans, it threw me off. I didn't fall, but I had to come out of the spin early than I would have liked to. I tried a waltz jump, and it was great. Those are easy though. If there weren't so many people watching, and it hadn't been 5 years since I last skated, I probably would have tried more jumps. But from the size and control of my waltz jump, I'm fairly certain I could have done an axel or double sow double toe loop no problem. That, to me, is pretty amazing. Muscle memory. The body remembers no matter how long it's been. So, that was a ly of fun and I really miss it. I'm going to have to skate more this season.
Yesterday was kind of one of those off days. It wasn't a bad day, but it wasn't the best day; it was just kind of weird. Ya know? Something, also, has been looming over me like a dark cloud, but I haven't figured out what it is yet, but it's annoying. Oh well.
Well, this weekend, I have Saturday AND Sunday off. How weird, right? I think I might ask to work one of those days, though, because I could use the money and I really don't need a day off. What would I do with a day off? Weird. haha.
ok, I have to go make lunch and dinner and get ready for work and class. Long day. Peace.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment