So many people say how their life should be a reality TV series. I firmly believe my family was MEANT for a reality tv series. First off, there are seven of us, including the cute little beagle/terrier, Cassie, who is pretty much a human anyway. So, right off the bat - there are 7 different personalities, different lives, all staying under the same roof over the holidays; definitely an entertaining experience for any viewers or visitors. Shirts are missing, someone's in the bathroom too long, someone criticized someone else, someone breaking something, hogging the TV or computer, running late for Christmas dinner or mass. Great. It just sounds like we're the typical family with all the "moments" every family has. Wrong. We have better moments. So, we have all of these crazy times, but the reason our reality tv show would be a success is because we have all of those "entertaining moments," but we also have all of ones to counterbalance - the movie nights, game nights, going out to grab a coffee with the sister, going to the bar with the brother, rolling on the floor with Cassie, and more. We're such a close family. I'm good friends will both my brothers and my sister and through good and bad, we're always there for each other, as well as my mom and dad. We have all of the balancings in that on Colony Street to make for a great show that people all over can relate to and grow to love. I couldn't have imagined spending my holidays anywhere else. What a great trip home.
2009 brought with it a good energy, a better vibration and frequency within the world. I've smiled more these past 9 days than I did for the month of December, I'm pretty sure of it. I'm not a depressed being or anything like that, I'm actually very positive and optimistic. 2008, although it was full of life experiences and teachings that will remain with me forever, was a tough year - in every sense of the word. I know that that can ring true for many, many people. I'm excited for 2009. I have a good feeling about it.
I realized the other day while out with my friend Liliana, how many completely different people I have come across and gotten to know over the years. It's amazing. Truly amazing. You hear stories of what people have accomplished, how they grew up, where they're from, where they're heading, their beliefs; the book could write itself. I think I'm going to do that. Write a book. Each chapter being a different character I've encountered. I think it will make for an excellent experience and read because most of the people I have drawn to me have been of good energy. We'll see what happens. It's crazy how you can meet someone for only a few minutes and in those few moments, they've influenced your life in such a way you'll never forget. What a crazy thing this world is.
As hard as things get here, I'm really enjoying my life here and have come to call this place my home. I'm more comfortable, learning new things, and have made some good friends. I didn't really realize that that was how I felt until I was coming back here from St. Clair Shores. I was excited. Friends knew I was coming back and were calling. It was such a different feeling from the last few times I had come back or gone home. My house on Colony will always be my home, but it's nice to know I can call somewhere so far away home also.
I had some really great thoughts to write when I wanted to write the other day, but I can't remember them. Sorry. :) I'm off to work. Have a great day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment